Alex’s August 2016 Newsletter donate
In August, I hosted Pastor Tom Shedd, from the Global Training Network. Their mission: “To train Majority World church planters, pastors and Christian leaders so that they can more effectively equip their congregations to evangelize and disciple their communities for Christ.”
We had one training in Mae Sai, Thailand and one in Luang Prabang, Laos.
Basically, what I did was:
1) Make the connections between the trainer and the trainees (making connections may be turning out to be one of my roles).
2) Plan and book most of Pastor Tom’s accommodations and local/domestic flights.
3) Set up the training schedule and deal with many of the details.
4) Help finance bus tickets and food for the trainees.
5) Attend the training as both a teaching assistant and trainee.
Pastor Tom and translator Pastor Ed
After I was finished in Laos, I visited Breakthrough Thailand ministry in Khon Kaen Province. We did an art workshop there in July, which you may remember from my last newsletter. These two pictures are actually from that visit (this last visit the only pictures that I took are of manual rice transplanting – see a future blog).
Thank you for your prayers and financial partnership.
Please help me continue to serve. To donate, click here.